For people interested in starting a business, Black Mountain, North Carolina might be just the place for you to stretch your entrepreneurial muscles. In fact, Black Mountain was the recipient of the FIRST Certified Entrepreneurial Community (CEC®) certificate for a town in America. They earned this status in part because "Black Mountain and the Swannanoa Valley want businesses to know they are welcome. Businesses who come or grow here find it easy to do business, and business people reach out to each other, mentoring and helping when owners are in a pinch. An active youth entrepreneurial program is helping keep young people in town, assuring this entrepreneurial community will thrive for decades" according to CEC®.
Local leadership credits this recognition to several factors, including:
- People are friendly and accepting
- 7 large conference centers mean lots of people (and potential customers!) coming and going
- Supportive business community
- Home to two colleges, Montreat College and Warren Wilson College
- Home to dozens of businesses that "wouldn't move anywhere else"
- Asheville, a well-known independent business hub, sits just 20 minutes away with tons more amenities and plenty of nightlife
- In just downtown Black Mountain, you can buy Appalachian crafts, locally-built furniture, eat locally-sourced food, and find plenty of stylish clothing, jewelry and accessories.
- Several music venues
- Walkable pristine lake
- Locally-roasted coffee
- Home to an active youth entrepreneurial program
Many local business owners have adopted some version of the philosophy of "making a customer for life." We here at Cottonwood Properties share that goal and want to be your go-to business for all your Black Mountain real estate needs. Many local businesses, like us, are led by husband-and-wife teams who share a passion and vision for our thriving community.
We feel lucky to be part of a forward-thinking town that understands the importance of shopping and supporting local!Posted by Eddie Colley on